Ensuring footfalls at your event through social media marketing
You have an upcoming event and are wondering what you could do to ensure as may footfalls as possible.
Promoting an offline event through online is the sure shot way to not only encourage footfalls but also increase brand awareness and recall.
With an event to prepare for, it might seem like a gigantic task to promote it too! Here’s a quick guide on how to put your marketing efforts into action and promote your event like a boss.
1. Define your audience – Identify your target audience. Who they are, where they are, what they do, and their preferences. For example, if you have a kid’s flea market, it would make no sense to promote your posts to teenagers and college students or even working freshers.
In this case, your target audience would be new parents, mothers, and fathers.
2. Get the details right – Knowing what to promote is key to promoting. Other than the obvious details like venue, date, and time for the event, you would also need to promote your brand, the event, and agenda. As in the case of the children’s flea market, promoting the products that you are putting on display would also be a great idea.
3. Content is everything – Remember that there are many other brands doing the same thing and hosting events for exactly the same purpose. So why would someone stop to read your post over another brand’s post? Simple! Because of the content. To make the content as attractive as possible and to assure a viewer that your event and products stand out will help you stand out amongst your competitors.
Once you have the basics right, it is time to get the word out. There are a couple of ways to announce your event online and make it go viral. Here’s how…
1. Promote your posts – Knowing who to promote and where to promote is key. Location is another important factor. You need to make sure you promote only to people who are going to be able to make it to your event. You also need to know which platform your audience is present on and then use those platforms tools to create promotions that will be visible to the correct audience. If your marketing budgets are low, you can also use hashtags and ask your followers to follow those hashtags to stay tuned.
2. Promote your story – Stories are the next big thing, especially on Instagram. People are scrolling down less and less and viewing stories more and more. Promoting your story is another way to get some traction for your event.
3. Run a contest – There is nothing people like more than a giveaway. Run contests related to your brand and event and ask people to participate by promising them goodies that they can take at the event. In running a contest, you can also encourage user-generated content by asking people to like, share, and comment.
So, while you prepare for your event, allow us to put our social media and digital expertise to use and help you make your event go viral.
To get started, drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.